OFPA's mission is: “The Ontario Food Protection Association will represent industry, government and academia by bringing professionals together in a forum to promote, educate and communicate innovation in food safety.”
OFPA's objectives are:
- To assist in improving the professional status of those involved with food safety.
- To collect and distribute to its members and interested parties, information pertaining to sanitation and food safety.
- To encourage improvements in food safety practices.
- To provide a forum to discuss current concerns in food protection and other topics of mutual interest.
- To communicate with various regulatory agencies on issues of sanitation and food protection.
- To cooperate with other professional groups in development and advancement of public health, food safety practices and general and environmental sanitation.
OFPA is a non-profit educational association.