OFPA Golf Tournament & Technical Session 2016
We had a great turnout at the 2016 Golf Tournament. 74 golfers joined us on June 28, 2016 for a beautiful sunny day of golf at Piper's Heath Golf Club in Milton.
The day started with a Technical Session on Top 10 Food Safety Developments That Could Save Your Business! Presented by Iain Wright, B.Sc. Technical Manager, NSF Training and Education Services. see Iain Wright's bio, he discussed If the food you produce is safe, your business is safe. In today’s environment it is critical that you identify and understand all food safety threats on the horizon. Only then can you establish the preventive controls that will keep your business safe.
OFPA Golf Tournament Winners
- Best Score: (-6) Group 1A: Waylon Sharp, Mike Cassidy, Dominic Marner, Jack Trevors (DNF)
- Most Honest Score: (+7) Group 9A: James Roper, Brian Nickerson
- Golfer’s Green Closest To Pin Winner: Andrew Sweet
- Hole 8 – Men’s Closest To The Pin: John Nangle
- Hole 18 – Men’s Longest Drive: Scott Arnald
- Hole 16 – Ladies’ Closest To The Pin: Denise Horseman
- Hole 9 – Ladies’ Longest Drive: Linda Veldhuis
- Putting Contest: Denise Horseman
Thank You To Our Sponsors
- Platinum-Sealed Air
- Gold-University of Guelph Lab Services
- Silver-Continental Ingredients Canada
- Sealed Air
- Abell Pest Control
- University of Guelph Lab Services
- Wynford Contract Cleaners
- Investors Group
Also, thank you to Pillers Fine Foods for the sausage lunch and Pepstix, and Colonial Cookies for the cookies galore at the morning technical session.
Lastly the tournament had a lot of help for a number of OFPA Board members and volunteers, Thank You, you really made the event turn out great!
For OFPA Members Only: more information about the event can be found by in the private Members area after logging in. Not a member? Want access to the technical presentations? Join OFPA Today!